Thursday, September 22, 2011

Marketing and Writing

As I make my path down the trail of the self-published, I'm finding that I spend 3 to 4 times as many hours on marketing as I do the writing. And you know what I LOVE IT. I do. In college I majored in Communication with my Concentration in Journalism and my Cognate in Marketing. (Weird words that kinda mean Major and Minor). I did an internship at a marketing firm rather than a newspaper or the local news station. At the time I was most interested in broadcasting.( I wanted the be the white Oprah. Hahahaha).

But for fun, my electives were ALL writing classes. Biography Writing, Creative Writing, Fiction Writing and Writing for Broadcast.

And then I went home to be a mom and NEVER used any of it...until now. I honestly believe it all had to go in the crockpot and stew a while. God knew what He was doing when He led me to that course of study. although for long time now I had wished I'd studied something more practical.

I write while the kids are all at school but look up book blogs and such while they are here. So I'm always working and I LOVE IT.

So there's my post for today. An ode to my love for God, Writing, and Marketing,

No comments:

Post a Comment