Friday, October 28, 2011

Writing Woes

I've had a hard time writing lately. I'm a wife and a mother so that makes writing difficult. Especially since I make sure to prioritize it after the people in my life. One day I will retire and be forgotten by all of you but I will be a mother until I die. I don't wnat my kids' memories of childhood to be of them staying out of my hair while I wrote. And I'd like to retire and move to Florida with the same husband I started with. So writing gets pushed aside at times.

But lately, when I've had a chance to write, I can't. I've felt very insecure about my writing. Very unsure about everything. Somedays the anxiety kept me from writing at all. But tonight God reminded me that I'm not alone in this. He gave me all my callings--Wife, Mother, Writer. He's with me to guide me about all of it.

So I prayed and felt such peace. I can't remember the location but in the Bible I know it says, "Cast all your anxieties on Him because He cares for you."

I so believe that He loves me and loves you and offers such hope, peace, and purpose to each of us. I refuse to believe we are nothing but bubbles floating around waiting to pop into nothingness.

So anyway, about to write with God taking my anxiety and giving me confidence in its place.

2 comments:

  1. So glad He whispered truth to your heart. :) I have needed some extra whispers from Him myself.

    Love you and believe in you. :)
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doubt, fear and second guessing ourselves is a writer's bane. Toss them aside, believe in yourself as God does, why else would he give you such talent?

    ReplyDelete